Don’t look down, you might fall
Life made rookies of us all
In our finest year
Don’t wait up, we’ll be fine
Somehow we might get it right
In our finest year
Archive for Uncategorized
Don’t look down, you might fall
Why it’s so controversial
Apparently the audio is taken completely out of context – the words are spoken from Woods’ father about himself.
Like. A lot.
Xine, she’s from Knoxville, TN!
Some jokes, courtesy of the OAASIS Neopets. Felt like I had to share:
What do you call a tooth in a cup of water?
– a one MOLAR solution.
A questionnaire, courtesy of Kshen.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’ve never done before?
God, so many new things. I got broken up with. I applied to medical school. I turned 21. I became a senior. Etc.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think every year I try to make new year’s resolutions. Last year wasn’t particularly concrete or memorable, so no, I didn’t keep them. Yes, I will make them for next year. Don’t know what, though…
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Better time management.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day that I left school to fly home after junior spring semester, and the Flower Girls came with me to drag my luggage down to the T station. That felt really good – summer was right around the corner, and we were all going to be around.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finishing a year with HCC. I learned a lot about the organization, the great people in the organization, and myself.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not connecting with my parents as much as I used to. Maybe it was time, maybe it was being busy, maybe I just wanted to be more independent. Regardless, I should reevaluate my relationship with them, and see if there’s any way I can include them in my life a little bit more.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. Going really anemic and losing a crapload of blood that one day. Omg, I thought I was going to die.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
That black pea coat from Old Navy. I love that thing.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friends. For making everything fun, enjoyable, manageable, and worth it all.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Me, when I lost my ring. Wahhhhh
14. Where did most of your money go?
Med school apps.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Knowing that I won’t be doing nothing with my life after college!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Oh damn, this one’s hard. A few: Hot and Cold by Katy Perry, I Gotta Feeling by Black Eyed Peas, Down by Jay Sean.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
1. happier or sadder? Happier. I think I get happier every year. Or maybe that’s just delusion, lol.
2. thinner or fatter? Fatter. Lol.
3. richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Go to the library. Getting shit done in my room takes twice as long, I swear.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Go on free music downloading sprees. And blog surfing.
20. How did you be spend Christmas?
Opening presents, chilling out with the family, followed by an Asian dinner party. And then coming back home to watch Friends in bed.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I fall in love with a lot of things: music, photos, people. Haha. But yes, I fell in love.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Grey’s Anatomy. Hands down. Glee is good, and the music is amazing, but Grey’s just hits the spot.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
The Kite Runner. Finally! I finished that book while sitting outside in Harvard Yard this summer on a really beautiful day. It was perfect.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted a Blackberry, and I got one. And unlimited texting!
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
500 Days of Summer.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 21! The day was pretty standard, with dinner with friends. But the party a week later was awesome.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More focus, and less distraction, whether physical or mental, so that things could have been more efficient.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Cardigans. So many cardigans, haha. Or I guess, layering. I wore a lot of tanktops underneath either cardigans or hoodies.
34. What kept you sane?
My ipod music. And time alone.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Natalie Portman. And George Clooney, if we’re talking people of the opposite sex.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Health care. And Obama in general.
37. Who did you miss?
I missed my family in the way that I’ve always missed my family while at school. I missed my best friend from middle school who was abroad in Austria – I had to go text-less from her for a whole semester, haha. And I missed Stephen.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmm, this is also hard. You don’t realize, over the course of a year, all the new people you get to know, and the connections you accumulate. I think Summer 2009 was the best time of meeting new people that I’ve had in a while. Being an upperclassman in college, you don’t meet as many new people as you do earlier on. Summer School is like a whole new set of individuals around. Epic. 🙂
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
You don’t need to know things for certain to go on. Obviously, there are things you can plan for, but a lot of it it just has to unfold. But knowing that, everything you do should be for a reason.
And also: know who you are, know what you want, know what you’re ok with, and what you’re not ok with. And act accordingly.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Oh man. Song lyrics would be hard.
Here is just a quote instead: “The least of things with meaning is worth more in life than the greatest of things without it.” – Carl Jung
And one from Grey’s: We’re all scared! If you’re not scared, you’re not paying attention!
And one more: If we take care of the moments, the years will take care of themselves. – Maria Edgeworth
These are actually more just like life quotes. Whatever. Bah, I could go on forever…. 😛
It’s fun looking back on everything that’s happened. You don’t realize how much stuff you end up doing in a year, or missing out on, figuring out, and wasting your time with. I’m sure I forgot a lot of big things in there too, and I know I forgot a lot of little things.
You know what would be nice? A fast-forward button. Or, at least a little icon that pops up in the corner of your vision that’s supposed to mean something like, “Proceed with caution: important life-moment ahead.” Lol. If only.
No one can beat Leah Michelle’s/Rachel’s voice on Glee. But dayum, this is amazing.
Jennifer Hudson’s original version in Dreamgirls is also incredible. Saw that movie with the Adams D-42/43 clan Sophomore year during intersession! Good times :).
Omg, this is amazing! This is, like, all of the best music of 2009 in one video.
A gem from Pandora.